1. Israel is God’s chosen people –
Psalm 135:4 – For the LORD has chosen Jacob for Himself, Israel for His special treasure.
2. Many gods, but no other God besides God. – Psalm 135:5b – “Our Lord is above all gods.”
1 John 5:20 – We know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
3. All people have sinned against God (we have broken God’s Law the Ten Commandments for God is holy and perfect) – Psalm 130:3 – “If You, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?”
4. There is Redemption and Forgiveness of sin – (We have broken God’s law but Jesus paid our fine) – Psalm 130:4,7 – “But there is forgiveness with You, That You may be feared….hope in the LORD; For with the LORD there is mercy, And with Him is abundant redemption. ”
Romans 5:8 – God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
5. Jesus conquered death (the second death in Hell). Jesus forgives sin. Jesus Christ rose from the dead as promised (the Resurrection) –
1 Timothy 3:16 – God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
6. Jesus is Who He said He was. Colossians 1:15-17 – He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
7. Jesus can be trusted because the Resurrection is real
1 Corinthians 15:3-8 – For I [the Apostle Paul] delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen by Cephas [Peter], then by the twelve [disciples]. After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once… After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
If you haven’t already, watch Choice – Spoken Word Poetry
by Emeal Zwayne
top image is my own